2008年9月23日 星期二

Sunshine (2007)


Director: Danny Boyle
Cast: Mark Strong, Cliff Curtis, Cillian Murphy, Michelle Yeoh, Hiroyuki Sanada, Rose Byrne, Benedict Wong, Chris Evans, Troy Garity

I didn't hope for much before start watching the film, but I have to say that I am so impressed by it and this is definitely one of the best sci-fi I've ever seen.
During the process of rescuing the sun, the team was tested by challenges to their moral values, friendship, humanity, and determination. Cliff Curtis does New Zealand actors proud, a great job done playing the role of a space shrink.
The questions asked throughout the films were mostly likely to be impossible to be accurately answered, as there is no accurate answers.
How do we weigh between mankind's future and a single innocent life?
Does a mindless mistake make someone punishment deserving?
An informed decision made by a single person who is commonly agreed to be qualified to make such a decision is guaranteed to success? Or does it bear the responsibility to succeed?

Some resemblance to '28 Days Later', the music was done beautifully to match the space setting.
No doubt the highlight of this weeks' movie.

沒有留言: